What is a sunshine award?
Cathy Mere gives this description for the Sunshine Award on her blog:
Here is a description for the Sunshine Award shared by Matt Renwick:
The Sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger and then, in turn, I will send sunshine the way of 11 other amazing bloggers for you to get to know!
and the rules:
· Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
· Share 11 random facts about yourself.
· Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
· List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
· Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers
know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Okay here we go-11 random facts about me:
1. When I was in school I HATED to read! I’m not kidding; I don’t think I finished a real book until I was in college!
2. I used to be a runner until one day when I tore a ligament in my ankle. I was scheduled to have surgery on August 4, 2010 but found out I was pregnant a week before my surgery! Surprise! And a week after my surgery date I found out that I was pregnant with TWINS! DOUBLE SURPRISE! I still haven’t had that surgery and my twins will be 3 in March!
3. I’m left handed.
4. I won a trip to Hawaii from a game piece on a Snuggle dryer sheet box!
5. New York City is my favorite place in the world! If I could go anywhere on vacation it would by NYC. I love the Broadway shows, the shopping, the food, the people, those nuts the sell on the street, cabs, the subway, the buildings, everything!
6. I secretly wish I was a Rockette. (I follow them on Facebook and just started following them on Twitter, too!)
7. I met my husband at Bath and Body Works. He and one of his friends applied to work there over their Christmas break to meet girls. It worked!
8. I wish I had a cleaning person. I keep saying that I’m going to get one and then I can’t seem to justify spending the money for one.
9. I hate to cook, but I do it anyway. On Sundays I make at least 3 meals to have ready for the crazy school week!
10. I could spend hours in Barnes and Noble. I have an addiction to picture books. My newest favorites are wordless picture books, especially Journey by Aaron Becker and Hank Finds an Egg by Rebecca Dudley.
11. Finally, one of the main reasons why I started my blog was so that I could participate in Mandy Robek and Cathy Mere’s #pb10for10 this summer!
Now to answer Cathy’s 11 Questions
1. When you look out the window or door of your house, what do you see? (What's your favorite view?)
I like looking out my kitchen window in the summer when my kids are playing in the front yard!
2. Ocean or mountains?
3. What is the best vacation you've ever taken?
My husband and I took our boys to New York City this summer. It was the best vacation because it was their first time on a plane and it was so much fun to see how excited they were. They also saw their first Yankee game!
4. What is the best book you read in 2013?
Mindset by Carol Dweck
5. Who is your favorite book character? Why?
Currently, Hank from Hank Finds an Egg, but this answer could change at any moment. He’s kind, caring and will do whatever he can to help a person (or baby bird) in need!
6. What is the one thing you wish you could have someone else to do for you?
Cook and clean my house (I know, that’s 2!)
7. What inspires you?
The simplest things inspire me. Sometimes it’s a tweet or a quote. Sometimes it’s a book I read. Sometimes it’s an experience I have. Sometimes it’s something that happens in a classroom or a question that I’m asked. I find inspiration everywhere.
8. What do you make time for?
Because I have such a crazy life, I make for time for reading, writing and tweeting after my kids go to bed! While there awake, it’s play time for me.
9. If you could spend a month on any continent with your expenses paid, where would you go? Why?
Europe. I’ve always wanted to see the places where my ancestors came from.
10. What are your favorite games to play?
Not monopoly! Anything but Monopoly.
11. If you could make one change in the world, what would you want to change?
Okay, now this is a tough question. I don’t even know where to begin. So I would eliminate hate so that we could have a world in which everyone chooses kindness. If you haven’t seen in yet-watch Amy Krouse Rosenthal’s “Kindness Thought Bubble” video.
1. Why did you become a teacher?
2. If you couldn’t have a job in education, what job would you choose?
3. What is your favorite movie? Why?
4. What is something that you want to do but you’ve never had the time, money, or chance to do it?
5. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or not living, who would it be? Why?
6. What is your earliest memory?
7. What is one piece of advice that you would give to a new teacher?
8. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
9. What book are you currently reading?
10. What book are you planning to read next?
11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Invitations to Participate
I am not going to invite 11! To be honest I don’t think I know 11 people who blog! So here are a few more nominees!
Herb Higginbotham A Journey To the Principalship
Jodie Bailey Mathematical Musings
Scott Jones The Lead Goose
Tonya Buelow Learning, Growing and Reflecting Educator
Deb Frazier Primary Perspective
Kevin Buchman Positive Ripple